What Do We Want?
The National Trust of South Australia, along with many other advocacy organisations and local residents groups, have spent many years fighting the deeply harmful changes to our heritage protection system.
We have a five-point plan, based on countless conversations with the community, that would restore heritage protections and the voice of the community.
- An integrated heritage listing process, with strong local government and community participation.
- A single Heritage Act covering all aspects of heritage management that strengthens and simplifies protections.
- An independent Heritage Commission to manage listings and development approvals for heritage places.
- Strict demolition controls for all heritage places and areas.
- Incentives and investments to support heritage property owners and stimulate the restoration economy.
Read the National Trust’s full ‘Heritage For The People’ policy platform.